STEP 1: Free Consultation/Assessment
Once you’ve decided you want to get into the best shape of your life and be a part of a community of like-minded people, it’s time to book your free Consultation/Assessment.
Do it alone or bring a friend along to your 90-minute free intro session that explains the CrossFit methodology and evaluates your current level of fitness.
STEP 2: Personal Training
At Jones-N4 CrossFit, it is going to look a lot different than group aerobics or group BodyPump, or a bootcamp or any other group exercise class.
We will need to ensure that you are both competent in the CrossFit movements and fit enough to safely join group classes.
With that in mind, you will start off by completing your one-on-one private training sessions, where you will be coached by an instructor. The coaches at Jones-N4 CrossFit come from diverse athletic backgrounds and experience, but they all have one thing in common, they care.
During your personal training sessions (the number depends on your personal fitness level and physical abilities), you will become familiar with the CrossFit movements (30-40 movements), things like weightlifting, power lifting, gymnastics and rowing. You will also learn about mobility, injury prevention and nutrition.
The purpose of doing personal training prior to group classes is three-fold:
- First, CrossFit is incredibly technical – it’s like learning an entirely new sport – so the same way you wouldn’t throw someone off the street onto the Varsity swimming team, we don’t throw people who have never done clean and jerks and snatches and pull ups and rope climbs right into the intimidating fire of group classes. Instead, we take the time to properly teach you the movements so you’re confident and safe in your abilities by the time you begin group classes.
- Second, one-on-one personal training allows us to address your individual needs, deficiencies, weaknesses and injuries. Everybody needs to work at a different pace, and we want to keep you injury-free to increase your longevity.
- Third, we believe relationships with the people around you are going to enrich your life, and your relationship with your coach is no exception. We want to get to know you, your fitness goals, what’s going on in your life, and what you need from us to help you succeed.
STEP 3: Group Classes
Once you’re competent in the CrossFit movements and reach our requirements, you are free to begin group classes.
During group classes, you’ll push yourself and sweat it out with like-minded individuals, as you compete with yourself (and others, if you choose) for rounds, time, points, glory, emotional satisfaction and spiritual growth. You will reach new physical and emotional levels you didn’t think were possible, and you will undoubtedly find yourself with a new social and support network, who will help you on your continued path to greater health and happiness.
Our coaches will always be present at each class, this ensures you will continue to receive technical coaching even as your CrossFit and fitness abilities improve.
STEP 4: Refresher One-on-One Sessions
Every six months, you will meet with your personal coach for a one-on-one session, where you will work on your weaknesses, or on technical movements you want more help with.
Our minimum requirement for refresher sessions is twice per year; however, you can meet with your coach more often for one-on-one coaching if you want additional help with strength training, gymnastics, mobility or nutrition consultations.
Fundamentals/On Ramp Personal Training Sessions (required for new members without CrossFit experience)
- 1-on-1 Sessions
- 10 sessions – $800.00 ($80/session)
- 15 sessions – $1050.00 ($70/session)
- 1-on-2 Sessions
- 10 sessions – $650.00 ($65/session)
- 15 sessions – $800.00 ($53/session)
- 1-on-3 Sessions
- 10 sessions – $450.00 ($45/session)
- 15 sessions – $600.00 ($40/session)
Monthly Unlimited Memberships (Billed Monthly)
- 1 Year Commitment Unlimited CF – $200.00
- 6 Month Commitment Unlimited CF – $225.00
- 3 Month Commitment Unlimited CF – $250.00
- 1 Month Unlimited CF – $275.00
Monthly Limited Memberships (Billed Monthly)
3 Times a Week
- 1 Year Commitment $175.00
- 6 Month Commitment $200.00
- 3 Month Commitment $225.00
- 1 Year Unlimited – $1750.00
- 6 Month Unlimited – $1050.00
- 3 Month Unlimited – $600.00
CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program that started with military officers, police officers and firefighters where true fitness was essential for survival. It quickly transcended into the primary workout program for martial artists and elite athletes worldwide. The undeniable results achieved via CrossFit have created widespread growth beyond this population to the “average” consumer.
The program delivers a fitness that is, by design, broad, general, and inclusive. It’s specialty is not specializing. Military, police, sports, and life reward this kind of fitness and, on average, punish the specialist.
The CrossFit program is designed for universal scalability making it the perfect application for any committed individual regardless of experience. The program can be used for elderly individuals with heart disease to professional athletes preparing for their season. In CrossFit, load and intensity are scaled to meet the demands of the individual; not the program. In a sentence, CrossFit is for everyone!
Getting Started is easy. Just fill-up the form and we’ll get in touch
For the person who endeavors to take on CrossFit without the guidance of a certified CrossFit trainer, we recommend three distinct approaches, depending on your fitness experience and available facilities:
1. If you are largely familiar with the stable of CrossFit exercises then start with the WOD (Workout of the Day). If you’ve had exposure to Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, and gymnastics, jump right in. If an exercise is unfamiliar, acquaint yourself with the movement through the video clip for the movement on the exercises section of the site. This option is for those athletes with an extensive experience in athletic strength and conditioning – jump right in.
2. If some or many of the exercises are unfamiliar to you and you are only modestly acquainted with elite athletic training, we recommend that you follow the WOD and substitute other exercises for those where you don’t have either the equipment or skill and then devise a plan for acquisition of the necessary skills or equipment needed to participate completely. We are developing a Substitution Chart in the FAQ for replacing exercises for which you’ve not developed the skills or don’t have the equipment.
3. If many or most of the exercises are relatively or completely unknown to you, then we recommend that you begin learning the movements for a month or two by taking our On-Ramp program until you can either perform our common exercises or have substitutions worked out for those movements under development. This is a great place to begin for anyone with little or no experience with serious weightlifting or gymnastics.
We are a “minimalist program”and this is reflected by the functionality and limited number of our exercises and the simplicity of the equipment we use compared to most commercial gyms. An Olympic weight set and a place to do pull-ups and dips is essential to doing CrossFit. Gymnastics rings and parallettes, plyometrics boxes, a Dynamax medicine ball, dumbbells, kettlebells, climbing rope, Concept II Rower, and a glute-ham developer will equip your garage with more than enough to follow the WOD very closely.
In any case it must be understood that the CrossFit workouts are extremely demanding and will tax the capacities of even the world’s best athletes. You would be well advised to take on the WOD carefully, cautiously, and work first towards completing the workouts comfortably and consistently before “throwing” yourself at them 100%. The best results have come for those who’ve “gone through the motions” of the WOD by reducing recommended loads, reps, and sets while not endeavoring towards impressive times for a month before turning up the heat. We counsel you to establish consistency with the WOD before maximizing intensity.